7wireVentures is Hiring a Director of Communications!
After closing our recent $150M Connected Consumer Health Fund, we are looking to expand our team to accelerate the growth of our firm’s brand and support our expanding portfolio. We are thrilled to announce that we are officially kicking off our search for a Director of Communications!
7wireVentures (“7wire”) is seeking a Director of Communications to join our team. This role is an invaluable opportunity to become immersed in the digital health ecosystem, support entrepreneurs with mission-critical initiatives, and build the 7wireVentures brand. The Director of Communications will be a critical team member that drives the promotion of the unique 7wireVentures hands-on operational support model and ensures that the portfolio is highlighted in the market. This opportunity is about contributing to and leveraging the fund’s thought leadership and events, as well as spearheading community-building and outreach efforts to help promote the firm. We are looking for candidates that have a passion for entrepreneurship, strong oral and written communication skills, experience in marketing and communications, and an interest in improving the U.S. healthcare system.
Please note, this is not an investment position.
Responsibilities Will Include:
Develop 7wireVentures marketing, PR, communications, and branding efforts within the digital health ecosystem
- Ideate and execute on the creation of virtual and in-person events inclusive of speaker series, small group dinners, and thought leadership opportunities
- Execute effective social media strategy and broader targeted outreach, including writing and managing multiple social media presences across Twitter, LinkedIn, and the website
- Develop new content (written, recorded, and live) in conjunction with 7wireVentures thought leadership initiatives
- Source and coordinate speaking and marketing opportunities across the digital health ecosystem for 7wire team members
- Support the creation and manage the dissemination of the 7wireVentures newsletter
- Manage media relationships with news outlets for 7wireVentures team members
Engage and support our portfolio companies, leading the processes and marketing efforts
- Promote portfolio companies in market by identifying and managing press releases, awards submissions, founder nominations, and other relevant marketing opportunities
- Curate a curriculum of lessons learned and best practices for our founders, across all aspects of building innovative healthcare companies
- Manage all 7wireVentures portfolio company events including the Annual CEO summit
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 6+ years of professional experience, ideally in and around startups, especially in a marketing, marketing communications, and/or public relations
- Strong relationship building skills
- Prior experience managing marketing, web platform, and social media channels, with a fundamental understanding or interest in learning SEO/SEM programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to tailor a message for a specific audience
- A demonstrated interest in healthcare; prior experience working in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Committed work ethic and able to envision, prioritize, and complete parallel projects without requiring hands-on guidance in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Ability to produce creative written content and deliverables in prose
- Strong time and project management skills
7wireVentures is one of the country’s leading venture capital firms investing in early-stage digital health companies supporting an “Informed Connected Health Consumer” – the epicenter of a consumer-first, tech-enabled convergence of the health and care markets. Fund successes, such as founding Livongo, are due in large part because the team includes both seasoned operators and investors with extensive industry experience. Being highly selective with investments, the fund works side-by-side with founders to build companies that change the status quo and empower consumers to be better stewards of their health. As company builders, the 7wire team has assumed highly involved roles, in some cases, even pursuing a Hatch strategy to start promising new ventures. Visit www.7wireventures.com to learn more.
To apply please email a resume to Rachel Stillman at email@example.com.